Department of Chemistry
College of Arts and Sciences
What is in for a B.S. Chemistry graduate and their CAREER upon graduation?
Chemistry is the science that deals with the properties, composition, the structure of matter and the changes it undergoes, and the laws and principles which govern these changes.
Opportunities for graduates of Chemistry…
- Research and Analytical Chemist
- Ocean/Marine and Geochemist
- Pharmaceutical Chemist
- Textile Chemist
- Polymer/Cosmetic Chemist
- Agricultural Chemist
- Chemical Education
Do you want to be one?
The CHOICE is yours… but YOU must possess the following;
- Accuracy and Preciseness
- Ingenuity and Speed
- Thoroughness and Meticulous
- Honesty and Credibility
Welcome of the World of Science and Technology
HOW DO YOU PREPARE TO BECOME A CHEMIST
A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
Students who want to become chemists:
- Enjoy science activities and mathematics
- Have aptitude for accurate work
- Are able to think logically and creatively
- Focus on details and have inquisitive mind
- Are hard working, have patience and perserverance
- To develop appreciation of chemical concepts as they apply to life or health sciences such as Nursing, Agriculture, Nutrition and Home Economics, Laboratory Science, engineering and Information Technology.
- To Inculcate in the students the students the relevance of Chemistry to modern concerns such as ecology, pollution, drugs, energy, natural resources, health care, safety and society.
- To show the role of chemistry in formulating solutions to problems involving man’s technological advancement.
- To equip the students with appropriate training and skills thereby enabling them to be productive and meet the challenges of the times
- A continuing professional growth for the faculty through:
a) Training c) Scholarships
b) Seminars d) Research programs
- Departmentalized instructions made possible through the use of course syllabi which are cooperatively prepared by members of the unit.
- To provide an expanded community service by providing technological service to those who require it.
- To develop and apply new trends in the scientific, approach to instruction.
- To demonstrate to the students that Chemistry is and exciting and dynamic field.
- To encourage students to develop a sense of responsibility to live one’s faith in all areas of life.
Scholarships and Awards:
- University entrance scholarship for HS honor Students
- CHEMAAC Scholarship and Grant – in – Aid
- Serena M. Luntao Grant – in – Aid
- Outstanding Chemistry Graduate
- Photocopy of High school Report (Card – Form 138)
- A copy of grades of previous semester, certified by the registrar
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 2 pcs ID picture (1.5 x 1.5)
- Recommendation from a pastor of his/her home church.
- Recommendation from two(2) faculty members of the college.